Sunday, August 28, 2011

Healthy Diet Combinations 6: Oatmeal & Orange Juice

Smart Diet Combinations #6 is

Oatmeal & Orange Juice

"Control LDL (bad cholesterol) and Prevent heart attack"

Taking orange juice & oatmeal, which prevents the oxidation of LDL.
Orange juice contains Vitamin C that is strong anti-oxidant.
Oatmeal contains SDF (soluble dietary fiber) that absorbs LDL from intestinal wall.
So blood concentration of LDL is lowered.
Taking those together, which reduces the chance of heart attack as half of eating separately.

Other foods that reduce LDL:
Grapegruit, mango, bluefish (blue-back), agar-agar

Cinnamon Oatmeal with Orange Juice
Digression:
Oatmeal was not in general in Japan (when I was there. I don't know about now).
I do not think I have had oatmeal in there.
Kellogg's corn flakes is very popular since I was child.

Sugar Pon & Brown Sugar Pon
Those were my favorite (゚∀^*)d

No comments:

Post a Comment